Monday, January 30, 2006

"24", and Days that Never End

OK...I admit it...Linda and I are "24" junkies. I've watched this FOX network show every year now that it has been on...I think this is the 4th year. I have to ask myself the question: WHY? It is a frustrating show to watch. Jack gets drawn into an Apocalyptic crisis beyond all imagination and in the course of 24 hours...which translates into about 20 nights watching...and therefore, at least 6 hours of advertising...he has to save the United States, and therefore the world!!!! Not an easy task if you think about it...after all it took Jesus at least 3 years and then in the end over 3 days and 3 nights to accomplish "saving" the world.
What I've discovered is that time moves so slowly when it's being measured out minute by minute. If it's all in crisis, who could handle the stress of it?
Yet, sometimes that is what we get. We get one thing after another and time moves so slowly, as if minute by minute time grinds on and the crisis never does seem to get to the end.
I am so looking forward to eternity when time will be no more...I don't know if it's harps and clouds...I really doubt it. But I'll be happy that its way beyond the norm of 24 hour days. I love life, and love living, but if there wasn't any hope for the future of eternity, life would be one long "24" episode...yuck!

No comments: