Friday, October 21, 2005

Coming Up With A Message

OK...no panic...it's at least 9 days until I will preach in front of 1000 people...and I don't have much of clue on what to preach about. It's not like I haven't any thoughts...I've had a bunch. The problem is when you have lots of thoughts and none of them stand out. OH for that "move of the Spirit" that I've talked about, but long for now.
So, perhaps an online blog will help sort it out...perhaps a divine connnection will be made and it will all become clear.
First thought was...can't remember the first one.
Anyway, some of the things I've mused on was...

"Killing a Lion in Winter"...an interesting story from David's life
"The Worship of the Broken"...from the story of the prostitute who annointed Jesus' feet.
"Remember to Go Forward"...from Deuteronomy and Numbers, when the children of Israel failed to remember and went backwards for forty years.
"Authentic Pots of Glory"...from 2 Corinthians 4 on how we are containers for God's life to a world around us.
"Wake up Stupid and Smell the Roses"...OK, that's not really a message title, it just seemed like a Christopher thing to do.

Anyway...inspiration hasn't quite struck yet...but I'm working on it.
OH Yeah, I've got a bunch of neat stories to insert if I can only figure out the message...Ugh!

No comments: