Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Celebration Time! Yea Chris


Of the many things my children have done to make me proud, and happy -- and there have been lots of them -- one of the things that ranks right up there occurred this weekend as Chris graduated from the UW School of Education with his teaching degree!

I found myself going through all sorts of emotions as I watched Chris get his degree. Linda, Andy, Kelly, Greg, along with Sarah (Chris' wife pictured here) and Sarah's family went to the Kohl Center to watch Chris get his diploma. I wanted to cry a couple of times...just incredibly proud of him and happy for Sarah and he as they venture into life with this big accomplishment behind them. Anyone who knows me will remember how I've often stated publicly -- in many different preaching/teaching venues -- that if God were to ask me what I wanted 100 young adults who are believers to be, it would that they would become public school teachers. Why? Because no one has the ability to so affect the world around us than public school teachers.
As I watched Chris get his degree I thought about that, and it hit me how I lucky some kids are going to be to get a man of such character and integrity, with principles and values that will change their lives. Wow...I almost wished I were an elementary school kid again!

Chris, you've accomplished much in life and there's a lot more to go yet, but I just wanted to publicly, loudly, emotionally, and proudly say "CONGRATULATIONS, YOU MADE ME PROUD TO BE YOUR DAD!"

OH yeah, Celebration continued this weekend. We also had the opportunity to have everyone but our British family contingent home for Mother's Day. It was a grand celebration for Linda also as the kids came back on Sunday afternoon to eat more...Kelly's cheesecake destroyed all of our attempts to eat healthily! But, we die with a smile on our face!
The picture here is Andy's attempt to capture the essence of the day...it was about Mom and it included lots of food!
What more can I say?
Well, I can say that I'm incredibly lucky to have a woman I love so much after 36 years. I can say that my children are fortunate to have a Mom who still revels in playing games with them. I can say that she is the best of the best Moms I've ever known.

Wow...Celebrations! Aren't they awesome...thank you God!

No comments: